25 Oct 2005

Green Living in the Urban Jungle (by Lucy Siegle)

I came across this book in a charity shop. It was brand new, as far as I could tell, and cost about 50p. I had never heard of the author, Lucy Siegle. Apparently she's a journalist who works for one of the main UK newspapers.   It looked interesting, and I'm fairly keen on 'green' living, so I picked it up and started to peruse it almost immediately.

'Green Living in the Urban Jungle' is not a book to read straight through. It has different sections on different ways of living in environmentally sound ways. So I dipped into it over several days. In the end I probably did read all of it, as it was pretty interesting. I liked the the style of writing, too, which is informal and relaxed.

There are some useful ideas in the book for living in more ecologically friendly ways. Having said that, it would mainly be of interest to those in the UK: there are several listings of resources and products, but they're all UK-based.

I would not have bought this book new, but thought it was a good buy at the price I paid.

Recommended.

No comments: