10 Mar 2001

Yesterday came Suddenly (by Maynah Lewis)

Maynah Lewis is a writer I had never heard of. But apparently she was quite a prolific writer last century.

I don't remember where I picked up 'Yesterday came suddenly'. It was probably at a jumble sale or thrift shop. It looked interesting, but sat on my shelves for ages before I finally decided to read it.

Edward, who is engaged to Felicity in this book, is rich, handsome, and highly successful as a lawyer, even making TV appearances from time to time. Suddenly an old girlfriend comes back into his life in desperate circumstances, and he decides to help her.

Rather foolishly, he hides this from Felicity, and has to make some decisions about what he really wants in life.

I thought it a rather simplistic plot, but it made a pleasant enough light read. Long out of print, but it's the kind of book that tends to crop up in second-hand or charity shops. 

No comments: