9 Mar 2007

Balancing Hormones Naturally (by Patrick Holford and Kate Neil)

'Balancing Hormones Naturally' is a book I picked up inexpensively a few years ago, but had never read until recently. It's by Patrick Holford and Kate Neil, two fairly well-known British nutritionists.

I'm no chemist or biologist, but I found the explanations of how hormones work to be interesting (even if I skimmed a few of the more technical places). There was a useful self-help questionnaire to indicate possible 'female' problems such as allergies, candida, or hormone imbalance.

There is plenty of common sense advice in this book. It includes explanations of how nutrition can help in balancing hormones at each stage of life. It also has some recommendations for lifestyle changes that might help to improve health.

Moreover, the writing wasn't too technical or heavy, I finished the book in a couple of days, just reading in odd moments. On the whole I found it interesting and generally helpful.

All in all, recommended.

No comments: