27 Sept 2001

Murder on the Orient Express (by Agatha Christie)

I decided it was time to read yet another Agatha Christie crime novel. This time I decided to read one of her best-known stories, which has become a classic of its type.

'Murder on the Orient Express' features, rather obviously, a journey on the famous train going through the Orient. An unpleasant man is murdered in a carriage overnight. There are twelve people who could possibly have committed the murder...

Hercule Poirot investigates each suspect, all of whom have surprisingly good alibis. Eventually he discovers the surprising (and, I have to admit, slightly unlikely) truth.

I don't suppose I will forget the ending of this story. But I will no doubt read it again one day, if only to see if I can pick up on clues scattered liberally through the book.

Recommended. 

No comments: