7 Jul 2000

The Final Boundary (by Adrian Plass)

I really like Adrian Plass. Of all the current Christian authors, he's definitely amongst my top five. Number one amongst the Brits, only rivalled by the American Philip Yancey for thought-provoking and well-written, enjoyable books.

This is a collection of short stories and allegories by Adrian Plass. There's a Christian message underlying them all, and on the whole I enjoyed them. The style is excellent, as I've come to expect from Plass.

However... I have to admit that some of the stories were slightly too cryptic for me. Thus the meaning, at times, wasn't entirely clear. But perhaps they will all become clearer on re-reading, something I will undoubtedly do at some point in the future.

Certainly this is worth reading for any other Adrian Plass fans. But it's probably not the best way to begin reading this author's work.

(Note: I did indeed re-read it, though not until sixteen years later. This is a link to my longer review of 'The Final Boundary' which I wrote after re-reading the book.) 

No comments: