2 Apr 1999

Homeschooling: A Patchwork of Days (compiled by Nancy Lande)

Homeschooling: A Patchwork of Days is a collection of writing by several home educators, most of them in the USA, compiled and edited by Nancy Lande.

I found it fascinating reading, seeing the different ways that the various families go about their days. Most of the people in this book are fairly structured (one or two rigidly so!) but still the anecdotes make interesting reading.

I found this reassuring and encouraging as a fairly new home educator, and while the focus is very much on 'homeschooling' rather than the wider way we tend to interpret home education in the UK, I enjoyed the book very much.

I read this book because I know one of the families featured, but found the whole thing fascinating, even though there were some styles that seemed very alien to me.

Recommended to anyone considering home education for their children.

Review copyright Sues Book Reviews, April 1999

No comments: